Saturday, October 15, 2005

WHY I'M RUNNING

Someday, after you’ve retired and you’re on a break from your job as a greeter at Wal-Mart, so you can pay for both your food and medicine this month and keep the house warm enough this winter so your pipes don’t freeze and burst like last winter. You’ll be telling the pimply faced kid sitting across from you at the break table what a great policeman you were and all the great arrests you made and all the disturbing things you saw and did while “on the job”, and as he stares at you with that vacant look in his eyes and you know all he is thinking about is getting paid so he can take Mary Lou out this week end in daddy’s aerocar and get into her panties, it will hit you like a ton of bricks, if only I could go back in time and change things. If only I could go back and do something to make my retirement better, if only…

Well brother that day is today and the thing to start it off is the ballot in your hand. This is the one you need to send in. Why, because you can change your future for the better. Work a little bit harder for yourself. I’ll ask you to help out but I’ll do the heavy lifting. I will cost you something in both time and money because nothing that is good is free, but it will be worth it. If you want that, then you have to start by voting for me, Kevin C. Jans and send that ballot in. Let your voice be heard down in City Hall, “I’m no longer satisfied with they way you have ignored my needs and I’m willing to do what is necessary to change things, including voting those out of office that stand against my interests and voting for those who will help me!” Let the mayor and city council hear you, but understand that I will be asking you to work. Work for yourself and your fellow officers. If you vote for me, it’s only the beginning of a long road to a better tomorrow. I have full faith in you, my fellow officers, that by working together we can make a difference and must. I have met many of you at the roll calls I have been to and I have been impressed by your willingness to do what it takes to protect and serve the citizens of this great city. You have also done so much to help your fellow officers in need, now it’s time to look at the future and start working for yourself too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kevin, Im curious why you and Tierney couldnt come to an agreement as to who should run for the office. Splitting the vote this way will only help Robbins. I was going to run for the ofice as well. If I did I would have come to the both of you to decide the best course of action.

Anonymous said...

At least I would be proud as a walmart greeter. Thats more than I can say for this corrupt Police Dept/ city.

Anonymous said...

I don't understand the above post. The dept is a challenge!