Sunday, October 16, 2005

GOALS

If elected to the Pension Board you should have an idea of what I'll be working towards. On my campaign poster I do two things.

Pledge to you that I’ll:
1. Protect the fund from excessive fees.
2. Serve you by supporting our rights in front of the Board and making sure you don’t have to wait for years to get a decision on your case.
3. Educate members to the workings of the Board and how to make your best individual retirement decision.
4. Advocate on our behalf to the City and in Springfield

In that role as your Advocate:
1. 80%
2. 3% COLA compoundment
3. Retiree Health Care coverage
4. Pension portability
5. 100% surviving spouse benefit

It’s dangerous for a candidate to spell out what his goals are because it can come back to haunt him later. Check out my opponents’ material and look to see what their goals are. Whose goals most closely match yours?

Now something that will probably lose me more votes then gains votes, but in the interest of letting you, the voter know where I stand on issues, I will state that in place of spouse I am willing to open that up to whom every you wish to have as a beneficiary ex. your committed gay partner or a parent of a single officer who is the financial supporter of that parent. If you are in a loving relationship with another and have combined your resources to live together, then the Fund should recognize that relationship.

3 comments:

P.O. said...

Hey Kevin, I see you changed the site a bit. nice work. Dont forget to link me and Robbins and SCC. Did you like the Robbins card you received? Payed for by our DUES money? Check out the F.O.P. newsletter which is also promoting Mark Donahue's FRIEND Officer Robbins.

Did Chester Hornowski give you permission to use his "BLUE WAVE" logo? I thought he was out of politics and retired?

Anonymous said...

Nothing was able to SAVE the BLUE WAVE.

Anonymous said...

after Jans put up this site, he forgot the web address and password and can't update anymore evidently.
Robbins is obviously still in the stone age as is this guy Kozola.